More about Philip
A writer of 17 books (to date),
I love helping others find expression in the written word and so run writing workshops and groups to create a safe, supportive space to help people realise they can write ... and can happily share those writings.
I am a recovering accountant, banker, corporate trainer, lecturer who turned to writing. I somehow found myself involved in (or informed about) international intrigues, dishonesty and fraud, involving banks, governments and police forces. I thought it was time to turn them into stories so everyone can experience the “other side” of life.
Having run personal development courses in several countries (and being a student of A Course in Miracles) I cannot help but bring in the spiritual element to these stories, giving characters (and readers) ways of dealing with stressful situations.
Life is far too interesting to be fluffing about on the sidelines and I (and my characters) are determined to live it to the fullest, even if it means a little danger, stress and uncertainty at times!
I have been a columnist, editor and publisher of magazines in NZ, Australia, South Africa and Czech Republic. I was commissioning editor for Business Books (an imprint of O-Books) and am a freelance writer and editor for clients around the world.
Summary list of writing/publishing experiences
- Publisher of books
- Commissioning Editor for Business Books
- Publisher of national magazine
- Website Editor/Writer
- Columnist for magazines in four countries
- Writer of 14 published books
- Editor for national magazine
- Reporter for weekly newspaper
- Professional freelance writer, proof-reader and editor for clients in Australia, Czech Republic, Norway, Slovenia, Germany, Romania, Arabia, Britain, Canada and America